Tuesday, March 31, 2015

(SSR) Blog

   I have been reading two books out side of school. My go to book, meaning the one I read on the train or while doing laundry is the drivers book in hopes of passing the test on  the 6 after all I believe this could really be the day I pass it. I have also been reading a book by Traci L. Jones titled "standing against the wind".
   This book thus far is a really good book. it is about this girl who is 13. Recently moved from Georgia to Chicago. Her mother is in jail and doesn't really have a connection with her sister. she lives with her aunts and gets bully at her new school even though she is extremely smart and soft- spoken.  As of right now she is excited about applying to a scholarship that will allow her to leave Georgia. she has also started touring a little boy from her building and help raise her little cousins as well. what seems to be the problem as of right now is her hair. she leaves it natural and the others at school make fun of her but even more than that she is alone her escape in the class room.   

1 comment:

  1. Is it young adult fiction? Or is it memoir?

    ReplyDelete