Monday, May 4, 2015

CRR Post

            Ap English class has been reading Beloved by Toni Morrison. One of the biggest questions in the book is weather Seth's reason for killing  her baby and attempt to kill the others justified or not. Personally at first I believe it was because she rather kill them then have them live though what she did. There was just no way she would allow them to go into the life of slaves after she went though so much to get them out of it. However after the scenic seminar we had I have change my mind. I think that she had no right to end another humans lives I believe that her intension were good, but also I think that her background made her who she is. she is strong and dying is the easy way out. I still have a bit of mix feelings about it but am leaning more towards her not killing the babies. I fell that in result of what happen that night is the reason of why she acts the way she does. she is mostly serious and numb to most things and is completely fine with her baby's ghost in the house.     

4 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like a very interesting book! I also agree that no one should ever take away someone's life. Especially if you're a baby who were just born into this world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a really good book, but I think Sethe kiiled her daughter because it was the only way she could protect her daughter. Its not like she did it out of hate she just did not want her daughter to suffer like she did.

      Delete
  2. Yea, Sethe is in incredible amounts of pain throughout much of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kamali. I wouldn't judge seethe based on her choice, because i wasn't exposed to such gruesomeness and didn't live in this time period to judge her decisions. I truly believe she thought she was doing the right thing, and protecting her daughter.

    ReplyDelete